View Single Post
Old November 16th, 2021, 12:50 AM   #94
Bob KellyIII
Retired motorcycle Mc.

Name: Robert

Motorcycle(s): 2012 Kawasaki Ninja 250R, 2021 CSC TT250, 1977 Triumph Bonneville 750cc,2001 Honda XR650L.

HAY ! I think I got it !
I went out there and pulled the air screw and dug out the probe set i had bought for the Ninja... ( i haden't tried that on the carb yet) took the smallest wire of the set ( looks like a long torch tip cleaner set) and tried to poke that through the jet at first it was no go but I kept poking at it and it finally went through... I then hit it with the straw on the carb cleaner and then put the screw back in and set then to 2.5 turns out from the stop... I didn't try it because it is so late and I have my slippers on and that is one sure way to get a sore foot !!!! .
but it went through !!!! YAHOO
I also found a video on setting the float level the top of the floats are supposed to be level with the top of the bowl when the needle is closed ... and that is where I set both carbs when I had them apart so that's cool....
now tomorrow when it's light out and not almost midnight , I'll see if I accomplished the task of getting it to idle ! I also set up the idle screws about 1/4 of a turn...
we shall see tomorrow after I bring the wife back from the eye doctor
....it's certainly easier to clean that jet because all you have to do is pull the air screw...it's right behind it.... but it takes the right wire... ( first time I used that tool so far and I love it !) it actually FIT !
so... I'll let ya know !
Bob.....