View Single Post
Old November 17th, 2014, 07:27 AM   #6
subxero
dirty boy

Name: Joe

Motorcycle(s): I don't even know anymore??

MOTM - Apr '14
you are over thinking it

It is nice you use a humane trap, but just make sure you take the mouse far far away otherwise it will just come right back.

So little bit about mice.

No they don't live in families, there can be a mating pair but once the babies are 3-4wks old they get the boot. Females can get along ok but obviously mature males will fight each other.

Food for thought. A female mouse can have a litter of pups every 3wks if conditions are right. That litter can be anywhere from 1-18 pups, 6 probably being more common.

Female mice reach reproductive age at around 7-8wks

Do the math, it is very easy for your mouse problem to become a mouse infestation if conditions are right.

Next, they are dirty. The literally crap and pee everywhere they go, particularly the males....everywhere. They are rodents so it is possible for them to carry and transmit rabies and other diseases. They harbor parasites, some of which can be zoonotic (transferable to other animal species, like humans)

They can be destructive, they can chew up lots of things, tear the insulation out of your walls among other things.

Cute that they are, I do not want them in my house in anyway shape or form. If you want a pet mouse get domestic mouse from a pet shop. I tend to like the rats better personally, they tend to be a little more intelligent. (i think someone on the forum has a rat? One of the ladies here? maybe Nevadawolf?)

Hamsters and Guinea Pigs are nice as well, you can generally find free Guinea pigs on Craigslist

I don't think I'm a lot dumber than you thought that I think that I thought I was once.
subxero is offline   Reply With Quote

2 out of 2 members found this post helpful.