View Single Post
Old March 3rd, 2014, 02:14 PM   #19
Brian
ninjette.org sage

Name: Brian

Motorcycle(s): 08 250R

Quote:
Originally Posted by choneofakind View Post
Forceofwill already answered my question about the o-rings.

To be clear I wasn't asking for a chain lube, I was asking about a solvent that could clean/de-grease/de-rust the chain (hence asking that question in this thread, not a chain lube thread). Clean with solvent, rinse generously with water, dry thoroughly with air compressor, lube with chain lube.

Thanks for giving me advice on how to pick a chain lube though.
How did he answer your question if he never posted after you? I'm the first one to quote you an answer, unless he PM'd you, lol I would expect a chain lube to also clean, protect, and prevent rust from occuring. A lube that only greases the chain would be a pretty lame product.

One of your questions: "is this stuff safe for your chain". Probably not as it's not labeled a chain lube but more of a rust inhibitor and fighter, but it does say on the website "It is also among the best – if not the best – lubricating and penetrating oils on the market at any price." wasn't your question about this Corrosion X stuff?

It's kind of like buying separate shampoo and conditioner now a days instead of getting the 2 in 1.
Brian is offline   Reply With Quote