View Single Post
Old April 2nd, 2014, 09:48 PM   #81
baxtc1
ninjette.org member

Name: Robert

Motorcycle(s): '92 GPX 250 (Gone and replaced with '08 V-Strom), 2005 Suzuki C50.

Thanks for the info and suggestions, I ordered some parts online and got everything I ordered axcept the oversize pistons and rings, they were put on back order. I am now having issues with the shop I ordered from.
I can get the sleeves from another seller, so if it is doable at home then I will be happy to give it a try. The problem with buying used is you don't know how used it is. When the cost of new sleeves is little more than a used cylinder, then I think that is worth looking at. There is too much play in the pistons and bore in my current setup. Though I had the cylinders honed last time it was apart, there are still some marks from previous damage, (the bike had a heating problem with a previous owner). No 1 piston shows binding marks from this. I reassembled with existing parts and am now looking to resleeve to use the new pistons I already have, which are standard size.
Ginganinja, sorry for going off topic, good luck with your rebuild, it can be a good learning curve and interesting as well.
baxtc1 is offline   Reply With Quote