View Single Post
Old August 26th, 2017, 06:09 PM   #39
Timpo
ninjette.org member

Name: what

Motorcycle(s): 2013 Ninja 300

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustRidin View Post
Bigger isn't always better. Like many I'd prefer to see a more refined 300 (or even stepping back to a 250 with FI...not that it would happen in the US).

Generally I'd just like to see consistency for more than 4 or 5 years. Makes it easier to form racing classes/leagues around a displacement. That and it means there will be more bikes on the used market which fit that class.

And on a final note, I hate to see the demise of affordable, entry level bikes. Motorcycling is on the decline in the US as it is. Making new bikes more expensive means it's less and less accessible, especially to young riders.

IMO the sooner they can start the more likely they are to become enthusiasts. I see far too many people who talk about it, but find it expensive and end up waiting until they are 35 to start. They buy a bike, ride it a few times and family life, understandably, means the bike sits. They never become as ingrained in the sport as a 21 year old who has few responsibilities besides themselves can.
Americans love big engines. It's a fact.

Small displacement motorcycles are available in Asia and Europe (as you probably know already) but if any of these bikes come to the US, they won't sell simply because the engine is too small.

Honda CBR150RR

Kawsaki Ninja 150RR

Yamaha YZF-R15

Suzuki GSX-150R

KTM RC125

Sym Wolf 125

Hyosung GT125R
Timpo is offline   Reply With Quote

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.