View Single Post
Old November 28th, 2015, 12:11 AM   #14
Ghostt
in your machine

Name: Scott

Motorcycle(s): 98 Ninja 250/F12 aka ZX-2R "SERENITY", 91 Ninja 500/A5 aka ZX-5R "Phoenix", 84 Honda GL1200A "SIREN"

MOTM - Jun '17, May '16, Mar '15
Quote:
Originally Posted by MauR View Post
Thanks DaBlue1, It is 2009. Most of those miles are from Mexico City traffic... Really slow driving

The wires are different to those on the images and mine are in very good shape.

I'm thinking on wait for A few hundred miles an check plugs to try to see how carbs are before doing anything to them.

Thanks Ghostt, is that write up good for new gen ninjas??? My coils are ok but could be a good upgrade when I need to replace them
I'm not familiar with NewGen caps, but the HT leads are the same, so it only takes a few minutes to renew the ends to the coils and caps, and it will eliminate a possible cause. Take a good look inside the caps, and see if they can be disassembled, once again only a few minutes, to check. IMHO taking a few extra minutes to eliminate a variable isn't a waste of time, it's a part of diagnostics.

The CoPs modification should work the same, I've I've seen it done on a lot of bikes that use separate coils. What I do know is that the OEM set-up on the Ninjette, as well as the EX500 are weak, compared to the CoPs, and you can increase the gap to better utilize the hotter spark.

I've been running the CoPs modification for this past season, and no ill effects as of yet.

ZX-2R BLOG
Twitter and Instagram = Ghostt_Scott
I'm not here to change your mind, just to inform.
Ghostt is offline   Reply With Quote