choneofakind
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: .

Motorcycle(s): .

MOTM - Feb '13, Feb '14
Quote:
Originally Posted by lgk View Post
Didnt see that coming, lol.
haha, well there's not many moving parts in the FI system. So I decided to go back to carbs so I could test out a little more with the slide holes/needles and whatnot. I've also got some trips coming up next season and the season after that, I'd rather have the peace of mind of knowing that I can work on carbs as I travel, rather than constantly worrying about the aftermarket FI parts. Never got stranded on my long rides this season, but simpler is so much easier.

But then I remembered that I drilled a hole in my air box to mount my pump. Derp.

Conveniently, I still had my K&N pod from when I first started with the FI kit, so I slapped that bad boy on there, along with my 108 main jets, and 3 washers on the needles, 2.5 turns on the idle screws. I might've just gotten it perfect on the first try. I did order some 110's from the stealership today just to be sure.

yes, I'm a hypocrite for hating on pod filters for so long. However, I do stand corrected in the fact that it seems to run better with the carb than it did the FI. I think the 'smoothness' of the air entering the setup doesn't matter as much with carbs as the sheer volume of the air entering. The thing is still darn noisy though

Anyhow, I can get into my thoughts comparing the two systems later if we feel like delving into that. For now, I'm enjoying having something mechanical to tinker with. I like tinkering, it's half the fun
choneofakind is offline   Reply With Quote