Misti
ninjette.org sage

Name: Misti

Motorcycle(s): currently: Yamaha YZF 250 dirt/motard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirref View Post
^ That certainly helps a good bit
the three characteristics mentioned are all good
I'll add another that feeds in well with the 14 years. An ability to constantly adapt, grow, re-examine, and refine your own riding. The more you learn and adapt, the more you are able to teach. This includes both the techniques and the mindsets behind them to provide true understanding of why we do what we do while we are riding motorcycles on and off the racetrack
Hahaha yes, 14 years of coaching will help for sure!! But I love that you mention the ability to adapt, grow, re-examine and refine your own riding. the cool thing with CSS and being a coach is that we are always working on our own riding and adapting and changing. It's been challenging for me going from full time racing and coaching to only being able to be at the school a few times per year! Try hopping on a bike after not riding for 6 months and chasing after students that just happen to be current club racers or regular fast guys! CSS coaches, myself included can often be found asking other coaches to follow us for a lap or two to help us improve on our own issues. As coaches we can tell when we aren't riding as well as we should and we usually have some idea of what our issue is, lately I haven't been able to get as near to the apex as I'd like, so we ask for help and work on refining our own riding. Plus anytime we coach then we are constantly reminding ourselves of the tech and reading and rereading the materials.....at the school they are so focussed on quality coaching that even as a senior 3 star coach (myself) i still have to record myself interacting with students and those recordings are then listened to by other staff AND the chief kahoona himself to make SURE that I'm doing a good job! LOL.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLOWn60 View Post
My fourth point but not necessarily in that order: commitment and desire to be the best you can be.
Yes, always striving to improve is important!
Misti is offline   Reply With Quote