View Single Post
Old July 14th, 2018, 11:24 PM   #1
syph0r
ninjette.org member

Name: Jeremy

Motorcycle(s): 2010 ninja 250r

Couple farkle things... Rearsets, lights, and kick stand...

So I have a 2010 and I'm trying to make things a little more comfortable and also maybe eye-pleasing. The first thing I want to do is get some new rearsets. I was looking at the Chinese Sato knock offs.. I've seen a post before about them and how to install with the brake cylinder reversed. But my main concern is that right now my knees are a little higher than I would like. I'm only 6' but my knees are at the top of the indent of the tank sides. These adjustable rearsets should help with that right? I feel like if the bottom of my foot was at the bottom of the stock peg it'd be a nice fit. The ones I'm looking at are:
color tree Motorcycle Rearsets Rear Foot Pegs CNC Rear set Footrests Fully Adjustable Rear Foot Boards Fit for KAWASAKI NINJA 250 EXC250 2008 2009 2010 2011 2012 Red https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0746H9WN6..._ODUsBbSKEEAHS

An issue that was brought to my attention was that my rear turn signals are hard to see. Previous owner had installed some flush mounts on the rear and they are very dim, even at night. Would it be easiest to just replace them completely or is there a way to possibly brighten them?

Also I noticed that I was getting a rubbing on the inner fender on the rear tire and was going to adjust the shock and found out previous owner had installed a lowering kit. Got the bike raised up and don't have any issues with rubbing now. It also has an adjustable kickstand..but I'm not sure at what level to set it, I'm worried of a tip over while it's parked. I will take a picture during the day to show the angle.

Thanks for any help and info. I will add some pictures and possibly a video if the lights if needed later on. Sorry for such a long post, figured better than starting multiple ones.
syph0r is offline   Reply With Quote