View Single Post
Old December 22nd, 2020, 01:42 PM   #29
DannoXYZ
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: AKA JacRyann

Motorcycle(s): CB125T CBR250R-MC19 CBR250RR-MC22 NSR350R-MC21 VF500F CBR600RR SFV650 VFR750F R1M ST1300PA Valkyrie-F6C

MOTY - 2018, MOTM - Nov '17
Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple Jim View Post
Dan, I've actually had my 250 act like that, but it's when it's been sitting for a while and the float bowls are low. Until the petcock opens long enough to refill them it wants to sputter and not quite start fully. I think your newgen petcock has a "prime" position so you can fill the bowls before you try to start the engine. Mine does not. It's Off, On, and Reserve. I may put a Tee in the vacuum line with a short hose and a plug so I can suck on it for a few seconds when I need to fill the bowls.

Anyway, you might try using the "prime" position for ten or 15 seconds before you try to start it, and see if that makes any difference. If it does, it may indicate that something is causing the fuel level to be low in the float bowls, even when it hasn't been parked very long.
Ah yes, I've have had petcock issues that required manually priming. Saves 5-10 seconds of cranking in my case. Turned out petcock needed rebuild as diaphragm wasn't sealing and opening fully.
DannoXYZ is offline   Reply With Quote