View Single Post
Old January 12th, 2009, 07:53 AM   #11
Alex
ninjette.org dude

Name: 1 guess :-)

Motorcycle(s): '13 Ninja 300 (white, the fastest color!), '13 R1200RT, '14 CRF250L, '12 TT-R125LE

I haven't used anything but the stock kawi brake pads yet. FWIW Gary J was unimpressed with the EBC HH pads on his '08 for track use, and in fact preferred the Kawi pads.

http://www.ninjette.org/forums/showthread.php?t=9902

Quote:
Braking:

I’d been very impressed with the “one-finger” braking that I’d found was possible on the new bike, from the very first street ride. As a result of taking full advantage of the good front brake during the 4K street miles before heading to the track, I found it necessary to replace the almost-gone pads before heading up to Infineon. Having had good luck with EBC (brand) “HH Sintered” pads in the past, over the course of nearly 90K miles on the “Old-Gen” Ninja 250, I had purchased a set for replacements to the OEM pads on the new bike. Unfortunately I was quite surprised to find that the initial bite of the EBC pads fell WAY short of the OEM pads! The EBC’s would get the bike slowed down effectively, but it really took a lot more physical lever pull pressure, to get the job done. I’ll leave the current set in until they eventually are worn and need replacement, but am going to ante-up for the more expensive OEM pads, next time around. Who’d have thunk that stock OEM pads, on a $3,500 “beginners-bike”, would be so good from Kawasaki?

ninjette.org Terms of Service

Shopping for motorcycle parts or equipment? Come here first.

The friendliest Ninja 250R/300/400 forum on the internet! (especially Unregistered)
Alex is offline   Reply With Quote