View Single Post
Old December 1st, 2011, 06:10 AM   #17
Gregg_VA
Lucid, yet unaware.

Name: Gregg

Motorcycle(s): 2006 Goldwing; 2009 KLR-650; 2011 Ninja 250; 2010 FJR-1300

Quote:
Originally Posted by Momaru View Post
Yikes, that is exactly my story, from the same store GPSCity. They didn't say anything. I just sent their customer service a "I think we have a problem" e-mail, and about a week later, a box showed up with an identically-labeled but correctly-threaded ball. Checked the new one against my tap & die set gauge before trying ti. No request for a return, no apology, not even a reply e-mail to let me know the replacement was on the way (though I did get a tracking notice when they sent it). Still, not bad customer service, just quiet
Interesting. I didn't mean to come off in a negative fashion about GPSCity. In the end they resolved the problem and sent a return mailer for the other two. I think GPSCity packaged them in individual packages and labelled them wrong. I say that because when they sent me the replacement balls they weren't packaged at all. It could be that the problem started with Ram Mount but given their distribution channels this problem would be more wide spread then just GPSCity. In the end though, all is good and they work great.
IBA #485, Goldwing Darkside #646
http://va-ldrider.blogspot.com
Gregg_VA is offline   Reply With Quote