View Single Post
Old August 16th, 2015, 10:37 AM   #18
sh123469
ninjette.org member

Name: Steve

Motorcycle(s): EX250, Suzuki Savage, 76 Goldwing restoration project, 71 CB350, 73 Yamaha GT1,

I have and have seen lots of times when something that really should have been done wasn't. That's why I asked if you thought it was imperative, I would do it.

Although I've had lots of experience with carbs, this bike and its carbs are new to me. There can always be a gotcha hidden somewhere.

Any ideas about the fuel economy? I just can't believe that I didn't do something to fudge that calculation somehow. I've never heard of a 30% increase with nothing being done to prompt it. And, a 30% increase is very hard to get no matter what.

I always use the same pump and fill just to the bottom of the little tube in the filler hole. Last fill up was 3.07 gallons and 288 miles on the trip meter. My bad, that figures to 93mpg...no way...I have to have done something wrong like forget to reset the trip meter or something. That kind of mileage outdoes my little 50cc scooter by a good bit.

I haven't noticed any performance difference other than the little misses at around 2500 to 3000. Power is still fine, same pull is still there. No funny noises other than the clutch basket rattle.
sh123469 is offline   Reply With Quote