View Single Post
Old September 12th, 2018, 02:47 PM   #1
rustyshackelford
ninjette.org member

Name: Jay

Motorcycle(s): 2007 Ninja 250

Bike dying while riding

So I am still relatively new to motorcycles and need help diagnosing an issue:

background: bought the bike last year (2007 model) after a no-issue test drive. It started having issues as soon as I got it home due to (what I think) sitting for a year with ethanol gas in the tank. I replaced the the fuel petcock and carb float pins and cleaned the carbs and that solved the issue.

It ran fine for a while this year until a a few weeks ago when I had been riding for 30 minutes and came to a stop and when I went to pull out it stalled (choke was completely off at this point). I restarted it and went on my way but withing a minute whenever I would give it gas it would start to stall again until it finally cut out .

After 15 to 30 minutes I was able to get it started again and it ran fine for 15 minutes until I got home

It ran fine a few days later on my normal 45 minute ride.

A few days after that I was going for a ride and only made it 10 minutes before it started to sputter and stalled as I gave it more gas. I was able to get it home by putting it at half choke and it seemed to run okay although it was idling high

Any ideas?

It seems weird to me that giving it gas at the throttle makes it stall but giving it gas at the choke helps.
rustyshackelford is offline   Reply With Quote