Old November 21st, 2011, 11:16 AM   #1
n4mwd
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: D

Motorcycle(s): 2006 Ninja 250R, 2007 EFI Ninja 250R

RIP John Samuel Doerr

John Samuel Doerr
September 9, 1990 - October 28, 2011 RIP
AKA Doerrman on ninjette.org (99.99% certain)

Summary: Cager pulled in front of him, helmet failed, biker dead.

Palm Beach Atlantic student killed in a motorcycle accident in Boynton Beach

Quote:
BOYNTON BEACH, Fla. - A Palm Beach Atlantic University student died on Friday night in a motorcycle accident.

John Samuel Alan Doerr, 21, was attempting to avoid getting hit by a car near the Boynton Beach Mall, according to Boynton Beach Police.

Andrew Alberino, 68, drove his red 2009 Chrysler Town and Country into the path of Doerr's 1991 black Kawasaki motorcycle while making a left turn, Slater said.

Doerr had laid his motorcycle down to avoid crashing into Andrew Alberino's car but instead, struck his head on its rear bumper, said Stephanie Slater, Boynton Beach Police spokeswoman.

Doerr died at the scene of the accident; Police said he was wearing a helmet.

The driver of the other vehicle, Alberino was not injured in the accident.

Palm Beach Atlantic University released a statement stating Doerr was a sophomore majoring in cinema-television and television production and worked part time in the university's Media Services Department.

A memorial service will be held at 1:30 p.m. on Thursday at PBA's DeSantis Family Chapel.

Anyone with information about the crash is asked to contact Traffic Homicide Investigator Cory Gray at (561) 742-6147.
His helmet failed to protect him. It was a
VCAN Sports VCAN Bluetooth Helmet BLINC 136 Gloss Black - Large

and he reviewed it here:

Quote:
Originally Posted by doerrman
Bought this for use with my 250 Ninja. Love it. I talk on the phone all the time. Wouldn't recommend if you're going to listen to music, it's just not enough quality, but it does it's job well. The price is really worth talking about.
The only reason I'm not 100% certain this is doerrman is because the article says it was a 1991 black kawasaki and he posted here he had a 2006 blue Ninja.

RIP