Old May 20th, 2018, 06:41 PM   #10
akima
Nooblet

Name: Akima

Motorcycle(s): 2011 Ninja 250R FI

MOTM - Oct '13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scorp65 View Post
What mileage did you get out of the Rosso II's? That is one I have been strongly leaning toward.
I checked my notes. My last rear Diablo Rosso II lasted ~6000 miles and I had it on for a bit over two years before I had to replace it. By the time I replaced it, it had cracks, was quite worn down and had become a bit deformed due to the bike not being kept on stands to raise it off the ground. I repaired it a few times during its life too.

The front Diablo Rosso II tyre lasted longer. If I had to guess it was more like 8000 miles.

I've been through two sets of Diablo Rosso IIs in total and they both lasted a similar, relatively short amount of time. They were both amazing and confidence inspiring tyres.

I think I'm still on my first set of Pilot Street Radial tyres. They have so far lasted me 3 years and ~10,000 miles. They still look in good condition too, so I'm pretty sure I can get at least another year out of them.

If I had to recommend tyres, I'd have to begrudgingly recommend the Pilot Street Radials just because of just how durable they are and yet still provide amazing grip compared to the stock tyres. If you've got plenty of money to throw around or you just want the best of the best, then go with the Diablos! I remember touching my Diablo tyres after an aggressive ride and they would literally feel sticky like glue!

This is all just my personal experience. Take it with a grain of salt. I'm forever a nooblet.