View Single Post
Old April 25th, 2018, 05:02 PM   #8078
Ram Jet
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Bill

Motorcycle(s): 2007 Kawasaki 250 Ninja, 1982 Honda Ascot FT500

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topaz View Post
I dropped a 4" wire inside the exhaust pipe.

I was lubing the chain when my 3yo son grabbed the chain lube can lid and threw it inside the pipe. Look dad! I put it inside! he said. all happy. Damn!

I made a wire hook to pull it out. I got the plastic lid out but I dropped the wire.
Then I grabbed my telescopic magnet to pull out the wire, but didn't notice the magnet had caught a small washer. Yes, you guessed it. The washer ended up inside the pipe as well. Both things seem to be way down there now and I can't take them out.

I guess I'll have to take the slip on apart and try from there.
When I was about 3 or 4 years old I imitated everything my dad did. My father was always tinkering with a boat or automobile. One day he was working on his inboard speed boat and I wanted to help him, so I picked-up a wrench of some sort and smashed all the beautiful domed glass out of all five Stewart Warner dashboard gauges. My father had Stewart Warner rebuild and repair all the instruments. Myself? I would have had barbecued 4 year old for dinner.

Bill