View Single Post
Old September 1st, 2019, 08:02 PM   #3
DannoXYZ
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: AKA JacRyann

Motorcycle(s): CB125T CBR250R-MC19 CBR250RR-MC22 NSR350R-MC21 VF500F CBR600RR SFV650 VFR750F R1M ST1300PA Valkyrie-F6C

MOTY - 2018, MOTM - Nov '17
Hi Matt & welcome to Ninjette!

I have owned large variety of bikes through decades from 50 to 1800cc and have found Ninja 250 to have best combination of handling, weight, comfort and power. I commute to S.F. regularly and typically use my CBR600RR (412-lbs) or most often Ninja 250R (374-lbs) for its lighter weight and easier manueverability. Carving Z-shaped paths through rush-hour traffic or hopping on & off kerbs is piece of cake.

It does have more upright seating position than more hard-core sportbikes and is very comfortable for touring duties as well. I've done many trips between S.F. and Santa Barbara on inland straight hwy-101 or along scenic coastal Hwy-1. Even done trip to San Diego without any problems (other than usual L.A. traffic).

As mentioned, get your licence, take basic training course, and try out variety of bikes. For combination of slicing and dicing city traffic along with long-distance touring, I've found Ninja to be bike that can do it all! Yeah, big guys fit just fine.

Commuting!

Link to original page on YouTube.

DannoXYZ is offline   Reply With Quote