View Single Post
Old January 18th, 2013, 09:19 AM   #6
jaybo
ninjette.org member

Name: Jason

Motorcycle(s): 13 ninja 300, 04 crf 250, 06 yz125

Here are a couple pics. One of the header cut in two, One of the cat material before removal. And one of the back of the header where the muffler connects.

Yes I did remove the burs left from the chop saw before welding back together.

I removed the necked down portion at the rear of the header. The line (drawn with sharpe) represents the overlap of my slip on. It fits perfectly with the larger OD of the pipe with no gasket.

I removed the necked down part only. This necked down portion in addition to the cat is why a slip on does not add power or not much compared to a full system. I dont presume that these mods will be as good as an aftermarket header and exhaust that have been dynoed and tweaked and dynoed again but I think it will make an improvement, ask Old3. Also I must give props to Area P as I ordered my tuner yesterday and they will ship today. They gave me free shipping and a little extra because of thier mistake. I can tell that they prioritize customer service over the bottom line and will be great to deal with in the future. Im about to make another order from them!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg cat.jpg (49.5 KB, 62 views)
File Type: jpg header.jpg (83.9 KB, 60 views)
File Type: jpg pinch.jpg (93.5 KB, 50 views)
jaybo is offline   Reply With Quote