Old April 12th, 2019, 07:07 AM   #15
Ram Jet
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Bill

Motorcycle(s): 2007 Kawasaki 250 Ninja, 1982 Honda Ascot FT500

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ducati999 View Post
Hello everyone,
I have just about completed my latest project, which I will make another thread for with pics, and my job just gave me a fat raise. This leaves me with extra $ in the "Bike" budget and since I have 2 V twins, it would be smart to stick with the same engine layout for the next purchase. Some of you know how incredible my little wife is and she has just authorized me to purchase a 250 2 stroke! My limited knowledge of these bikes has led me to desire an NSR250 Honda. What I would ask of the vast Ninjette community would be: #1 What year NSR, #2 Would Yamaha, Suzuki, Kawasaki be better and why, #3 What else am I missing? My plan is to register and use it on the street mostly but there is no way I will not bring it out onto the track also. I am over 200LBS so I know that I will need to lose weight to fully appreciate what they have to offer and I know they are smaller than the Ninja 250 but I have 2 other bikes so its not going to be my only ride. I have rebuilt many smokers, anything from dirtbike singles, Yamaha 2 cyl and even a Kawai Water Buffalo triple so maint is not an issue.

I now have a nice version of my original dream bike-Ducati 916-My 999 and next will be the final bike I have lusted after the 250 Twin street bike. I appreciate any feed back anyone may have on these bikes as I have only read about them and looked at a few in real life but never owned/rode one. I have the info for the company in NJ that imports them from Japan but I want as much info as possible before I call and put them on the hunt for my new toy.

Thank you for your replies
Ant
I would give serious thought to a Yamaha 350/400 but they are sort of "pricey" these days. Great, durable little bikes that really scream Hit-up Ducatiman here for advise on Dukes.

Bill