View Single Post
Old July 14th, 2019, 03:47 PM   #1
MichaelS214
ninjette.org member

Name: Michael

Motorcycle(s): 2008 250r

Chain slack guides

Hi all - sorry if it's been covered, but I didn't find anything in the last year or so.

I never did a chain/sprocket job before yesterday and it's left me with a question, as well as an uneasy feeling! Lol

So there's some play in the adjustment guide plates (a little more on the right side) - which makes it not totally reliable. I ended up measuring from the notch to the end of the swingarm while pushing the plate forward to get what I hope to be a good alignment. Upon tightening the axle bolt, i again pushed the plates forward and the notches seem to be very very very similar on both sides.

I did that after one attempt at just using my eyes and how much thread is sticking out of the back of each lock/adjuster bolts. Since i used the second method, the amount of thread seems very slightly different.

How do you guys work around that bit of play in those plates? Do you even have play on yours?

Maybe I'm just over thinking it - but after reading and watching many videos before the job, I see so many warnings that mistakes may end up costing you major damage to both the bike and yourself. As far as I can tell - the wheel seems to rotate straight, line of sight down the chain seems straight - but i do notice an ever so slight rub on the brake pads at one small area of the rotation.

Any advice is appreciated!
MichaelS214 is offline   Reply With Quote