View Single Post
Old May 31st, 2015, 08:54 PM   #115
Alex
ninjette.org dude

Name: 1 guess :-)

Motorcycle(s): '13 Ninja 300 (white, the fastest color!), '13 R1200RT, '14 CRF250L, '12 TT-R125LE

Quote:
Originally Posted by broken neck View Post
Yep, they exist, I was even more surprised when they were cheaper than the Pilot Street Radial. I said to myself, why not, more grip in the front can't hurt... Better have more grip in the front than in the rear.

I'll check tomorrow again, that time under the rain if the feeling is the same...
I'm not convinced that the Pilot Power (original) will have more grip over time, in all conditions, than the Pilot Street. The compound is 10+ years old, designed for bikes heavier and faster at the time. The Street is 10 years newer, designed and tested for these light bikes, and comes with incredible wear rates for its grip level.

That said, I know that there are tires way grippier than the streets, with correspondingly limited tire life (The DRII's come to mind), so I don't disagree with the premise that more grip up front is easier and safer to ride with than more grip at the rear.

ninjette.org Terms of Service

Shopping for motorcycle parts or equipment? Come here first.

The friendliest Ninja 250R/300/400 forum on the internet! (especially Unregistered)
Alex is offline   Reply With Quote