View Single Post
Old June 29th, 2018, 03:19 PM   #1
Daniel_Kelly
ninjette.org newbie

Name: Daniel

Motorcycle(s): 2007 ninja 250, 2002 yz250f

Hi From South Lake

I just signed up because I took a chance on buying a 2007 250 off of Craigslist. I had one before (1986 - wish I still had it).

So the Story on this bike was that it was a bit small for the guy, and he had some mechanic trouble. He drove it to the mechanic, but then his garage broke the kill switch. So he never started it again. Otherwise "It ran just fine just a couple of months ago."

Welllll. I shorted out the kill switch, and the bike turned over but wouldn't run. I suspected some carburetor trouble, but once I pulled it and looked inside, I found it perfect. In the process of putting it back together, I noticed that the gas in the tank appeared to have something on top of it, and, to be honest, it smelled less like gas than normal. So I pumped it out.

*Heavy sigh*

Mostly water. Perfect separation.

So I got some gas, through some starter fluid in the intake, and turned it over. Runs like a dream.

Excited, I grabbed my helmet and rolled the bike out to the driveway. Starts so nice. Shifts right into first. I let the clutch out, and

Nothing.

So I'm here like everyone else new trying to find out what my next move is. I think the "mechanic" just didn't do anything right and let the tank get a bunch of rain in it to boot.

Links to "why won't my bike go when I let the clutch out" threads are super appreciated. However, I think the cover just wasn't seated correctly, since there's no real tension on the lever. Plus there's a top hat bolt missing.

You get what you pay for I guess.
Daniel_Kelly is offline   Reply With Quote