View Single Post
Old November 10th, 2011, 10:52 PM   #11
KawiKid860
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Murphey

Motorcycle(s): 2002 Honda 919, 2004 Ninja 500R NAKED

MSF was a blast! I already had roughly 50 miles of parking lot and back road/neighborhood practice riding before I took it but a noob I was nonetheless. Clutch work and shifting for me are easy as heck, for other people it just seems like they just can't do it... maybe just the difference in peoples coordination abilities and such? Everyone in my msf did pretty well. You'll get the hang of it like nothing, don't be worried to go over the lines if you have to, or skip a cone or whatever, you're there to learn how to do it not to do perfect immediately, I practiced U-turns on my ninja in parking lots and got it down perfectly but it took me the whole day to get U-turns down decently on the little eliminator 125 I had, the only time I didn't go over the lines was on the test lol! Other things like swerving and slaloms and riding over pieces of wood they put in the course were just flat fun and good learning experience. As previously stated don't be competitive, everyone is there to learn and you may or may not be the best it doesn't matter its msf not a track day. Although I was competitive during my msf because everyone went so dang slow even when the instructors were like FASTER FASTER FASTER everyone would get backed up behind the slowest person lol, but just be patient.
KawiKid860 is offline   Reply With Quote