View Single Post
Old February 9th, 2023, 06:34 PM   #7
Bob KellyIII
Retired motorcycle Mc.

Name: Robert

Motorcycle(s): 2012 Kawasaki Ninja 250R, 2021 CSC TT250, 1977 Triumph Bonneville 750cc,2001 Honda XR650L.

I really don't think it's very many on most bikes Drew ! except on bikes like the Honda 305 scrambler that bike vibrated so bad you couldn't sit on it !
it went out of sync on it's own in a month.... I have a Uni-Syn that I bought at
the start of my Home business back then and I set that bike's sync about once or twice a month for years.... they would NOT stay synced....
but that was the only bike of the 70+ bikes that I've owned in the past that had that problem... (of course I didn't own the 305 scrambler , that was my brother-in laws Monster ! ).... i never had a problem with the CB450cc Honda
the CB500cc Honda 4, the W1 Kawasaki 650cc, the XS 650 Yamaha, or the Triumph 750.... if you don't mess with that screw they don't move and stay in sync for a really long time....
I agree that Sync problem are caused by guys fiddling around and causing the problem themselves..... although some of the twins I had had no provisions for syncing except the throttle cables and those needed to be CHECKED frequently....but even those stayed put after you set them I had a Yamaha 125cc twin that had that kind of syncing scheme.... but if you get it right on it stayed there. even on our 2 miles of dirt road.... and I wasnt kind to any bike back then !
So I think it's a fair assessment to say "Check it but leave it alone if you can"
although I expect the 1977 Triumph to need checking as it has cable Synching..... it's just not something that needs to be checked every week
I noticed the yellow on the carbs before I sent them and I was delighted to see that paint unbroken when they returned.... that is careful attention to detail there Gordon ! Your a good man !
today I will attempt to get the carbs back on the ninja and prepare for the starting of it .... I have most of the bike back together now....
I decided not to add a bypass to the thermostat ,,,yet. might later if I can make up some "T" 's
Bob.......