View Single Post
Old June 11th, 2018, 12:10 AM   #18
Alex
ninjette.org dude

Name: 1 guess :-)

Motorcycle(s): '13 Ninja 300 (white, the fastest color!), '13 R1200RT, '14 CRF250L, '12 TT-R125LE

I'm not implying someone who takes a loan can't handle finances. I'm saying someone who is selling a bike because they can't pay off the loan has done something wrong along the way. The bike is underwater, they over-extended themselves, and it's highly unlikely this is the only place they've cut corners. In my mind, this means less likelihood of proper maintenance, more likelihood of the "cheap but who's going to notice" method of keeping a machine on the road, and more likelihood of problems down the road. People who sell cars/bikes with loans on them are either in a terrible bind, or or financially unaware that what they've done / are doing isn't wise. People who buy from them have a non-zero likelihood of the deal going south. Doesn't mean that great deals can't be had under any circumstance - but people should certainly go in with eyes wide open.

ninjette.org Terms of Service

Shopping for motorcycle parts or equipment? Come here first.

The friendliest Ninja 250R/300/400 forum on the internet! (especially Unregistered)
Alex is offline   Reply With Quote