Old June 11th, 2018, 12:25 AM   #19
cbinker
Track Clown

Name: Chris

Motorcycle(s): '08 250R, 21 MV F3 800, Kawasaki 400 build

MOTM - Sep '15
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex View Post
I'm not implying someone who takes a loan can't handle finances. I'm saying someone who is selling a bike because they can't pay off the loan has done something wrong along the way. The bike is underwater, they over-extended themselves, and it's highly unlikely this is the only place they've cut corners. In my mind, this means less likelihood of proper maintenance, more likelihood of the "cheap but who's going to notice" method of keeping a machine on the road, and more likelihood of problems down the road. People who sell cars/bikes with loans on them are either in a terrible bind, or or financially unaware that what they've done / are doing isn't wise. People who buy from them have a non-zero likelihood of the deal going south. Doesn't mean that great deals can't be had under any circumstance - but people should certainly go in with eyes wide open.
there is nothing in the main post that implies the seller cannot pay, you are making assumptions about something you don't know about. the facts are someone is selling a bike with a lien, nothing more.

TEAM ALFALFA
www.apexassassins.com
cbinker is offline   Reply With Quote