View Single Post
Old October 9th, 2018, 11:27 PM   #75
GreasedLissik
ninjette.org member

Name: silentlyloud

Motorcycle(s): 2007 Ninja eX250

Quote:
Originally Posted by choneofakind View Post
Not really a thread, but there's a few quick pointers.

I used one newgen mount and one pregen mount because the newgen boss is wider. Drill out the weld that holds the coil mount to the engine mount and use that on each mount without being welded on. The holes line up still.

Then I used a pregen radiator to clear the fairings and made small brackets to adapt to the one newgen mount. The newgen radiator will not clear the pregen fairings properly.

I used newgen plug boots to seat on the plug and in the head properly. Newgen leads as well. Pregen coils. Direct swap.

Newgen drive sprocket. Newgen sprocket guard.

Electrical connectors are plug 'n play. The neutral switch connector wire was a little short to meet up with the same clean path as it had on the pregen because there's no cut in the sprocket guard. I should have added in a little extra length... but it worked fine if routed carefully.

The only odd thing is there's not really a good mount for the radiator fill cap. It hangs there just fine, but it's not 100% as solid as it was before.

Aftermarket newgen exhaust. Doesn't clear the pregen chin fairing like you'd expect. If you get the most tightly wrapped header you can find that hugs the block and case tightly, you might get lucky and it might clear. I went without chin fairing because lazy.

Kleen air system blocked off.

Pregen radiator boots and carb boots. Pregen radiator. Pregen carbs. I think I ended on Keihin 108 main jets with a modified airbox lid, aftermarket exhaust, and +2mm bored engine. That is a logical spot considering the factory jets for the newgen are 98's.
im going to try to keep tis one short since its my second time typing it out, thanks to thermal problems on my laptop lol.
My rebuilt motor took a crabs on me again at 7k, so I got myself a 300 with 4k on it. it came with TB, airbox, stator only, and wiring harness for only 500 bones and today I have ordered a used oem headers, front engine mount, engine front sprocket cover, and a coil pack for roughly 80-90 dollars
Well I have been reading on people doing FI, NA/carbureted; and I believe that im leaning on the Carbed portion of this build, not knowing what i will have in mind for the later future.
But my Main concern is about the plug and play, since I have the stator already for the 300 pulled of, that was the first thing I took off, since i read that the pregen stator/magneto is a better set up and the covers bolt patter matches.
1) i do want to use the pregen stator and magneto it's cover/housing?
2) what do i do with the air pressure sensor on the top of the 300's valve cover?
i will be using the pregen radiator until i can find a car radiator, i am ok with welding some nuts onto cut rolled steel. I also read that the newgen coils where a good swap on the pregen but i forgot the thread that was on.
3) what did you mean but kleen air system block off?
4) could i use the pregen starter with the 300 gearing?
the parts that have been ordered seem like they will be here by Monday, but i should have the motor in the saddle after i pressure wash the bike. i still need to order a jet kit or send the carbs to be worked on by a well know skilledman

on a good note The bike does have the swing arm on with a 300 adjustable shock and a clean rim
i am on the hunt for a 300 front rim, cant seem to think of anything else that i would like to bring up right now, so have a good day everyone and thanks
GreasedLissik is offline   Reply With Quote