View Single Post
Old December 17th, 2009, 01:50 PM   #29
andrewexd
ninjette.org guru

Name: Andrew

Motorcycle(s): 07 GSXR600 (N250 sold :( )

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sailariel View Post
I am still hesitant about lane splitting---used to do it all the time with no problem. Last summer, when lane splitting on my bicycle, I got "Doored". It did shake me up a bit. I did not get hurt. Scares me to think what would have happened were I riding the Ninja. (The guy who doored me was charged with "road rage" and lost his license for 90 days plus he had to take an anger management course at his expense). The police around here take road rage very seriously---as well they should.
wow thats kind of extreme... good thing you didn't get hurt.

I lane split everyday, my commute going home is usually just me in the carpool lane but there's a 2-3 mile stretch of 5-10mph traffic and I always split here. I just make sure to always have my highbeams on, stay in 1st gear (im on a 600) so you can engine brake faster and people might hear you. Alot of people move over once they see me which is nice and I give them a wave so maybe next time they will move over again. I've gotten used to it, I always always slow down if there's an open spot ahead because theres a good chance a car will bolt in there without signaling. There are some people who try to block you but I can't really tell if they're doing it purposely or they just don't see me.
andrewexd is offline   Reply With Quote