View Single Post
Old January 10th, 2018, 07:47 AM   #81
jkv45
Rev Limiter

Name: Jay

Motorcycle(s): '06 SV650n, '00 Derbi GPR, '64 CA77 Dream 305, '70 CL450 Scrambler, numerous dirt bikes

MOTM - Jun '18, Oct '16
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ram Jet View Post
Great post and I agree with all off it. The best person to encourage (not sell) to ride is one that has it in their blood. Not the Game Boy graduate trying to impress the opposite sex. If someone wants to ride nothing will stop them - so help them. I bought my first bike and had to hide it from my parents for about 6 months. I parked it in my friend's garage. The person that's just curious - change the subject.

Bill
I think that's a big part of it. If you are really passionate you won't let things get in the way of riding.

Before I could drive I pushed my dirt bike for miles though the neighborhoods with full MX gear to get to a place where i could ride it, then pushed it back after a full day of riding (..uphill both ways...). We bummed rides for our bikes with people that had trailers, and worked cutting lawns to get enough money for parts and entry fees. Whatever it took.

We crashed, got hurt, smashed the bikes, and got back on again as soon as possible. People (like our parents) thought we were nuts (and stupid) but we didn't care. We just had to do it.
jkv45 is offline   Reply With Quote