View Single Post
Old March 13th, 2012, 07:41 PM   #9
gilmorec61
ninjette.org guru

Name: Chris

Motorcycle(s): 2008 Kawasaki Ninja 250R

Quote:
DIY for keeping gas in the bike (may require prior knowledge of your bike's mileage. Not for n3wbi3s, or those who lack in the algebra department)

1) fill up tank
2) reset trip odometer
3) multiply your average mileage by the volume of the tank. Subtract 15 miles just to be safe
5) never go more miles than this on a tank.
5) repeat steps 1-4 indefinitely.

When all else fails, just fill up when the gauge says you need gas
Yeah i could do that, but i just dont like the feeling that i dont have a 'backup' gas tank...:/

Quote:
Look in the manual there is a petcock they say is useful for draining the tank. This makes me think that there is a tiny reserve it just is not advertised that way. It also looked like it was a PITA to get to that petcock.
So there is a petcock that you could put on it that you could get a few more miles out of?

Quote:
watch your gauge? lol wtf?
Its not accurate AT ALL!

Quote:
Because you have a gas gauge! Duh. When the little needle goes down towards the little red E. You need to fill the tank. No need for a reserve. You gave up a temp gauge and that reserve tank when you decided that the pregen was just to ugly to buy. So sucks to be you! Haha.

DIY:

Buy one of these...

Just bungee it to the rear seat and you've now got a reserve!
But its not accurate at all! I would MUCH rather have the temperature guage than the gas guage IMO... and lol, yeah that could work

Quote:
don't feel bad. running out of gas is a sign you are a great rider.......

i honestly can't count how many times i've ran out of gas last year
Yeah i think in the 2 and a half months ive been riding ive ran out 3? times...
gilmorec61 is offline   Reply With Quote