View Single Post
Old May 9th, 2020, 01:29 AM   #13
nocturncal
ninjette.org member

Name: Cal

Motorcycle(s): '09 Ninja 250R

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelS214 View Post

This whole tire topic is exhausting and overwhelming. I just want to put some safe tires on my 08 250. I live outside of Seattle - and would like to start riding more in the wet months. I don't plan on getting out in the pouring rain or snow/icy periods or anything- but would like to have confidence in my tires if I want to go out in wet conditions.

I'm not an aggressive rider or anything. I like to get on some turns with moderate speed - but I don't push it hard. My main concerns are safety/reliability. I don't need the bike to perform in a track setting or aggressive mountain run or anything.

I'm not looking for detailed explanations. Maybe just drop the model name of the tires you feel would suit me well, and I will check them out.

Thanks!

Michellin now makes the Pilot Road 5s in 140/70 17 if you're willing to go a size up on the rear, and 110/70 17, same size as stock, on the front. I like the 140 in the rear, feels more stable on the freeway with wind gusts and going over metal grates, etc.

These tires are pricey, but are known to last long, have great wet grip if you find itself on some damp roads by accident, and great grip on general.

I run these on my bike and am totally satisfied. I just want reliable tires that will last a long time and provide decent grip in dry/wet

If you're looking for something a bit cheaper, I've also used Dunlop Sportmax GPR 300 110/70 17 front and 140/70 17 rear. Got roughly 12,000 mi out of them, mostly street riding in the city, no complaints with these either. $66 for the front and $96 for the rear sizes I used on RevZilla right now
nocturncal is offline   Reply With Quote