View Single Post
Old November 16th, 2021, 03:34 PM   #100
Bob KellyIII
Retired motorcycle Mc.

Name: Robert

Motorcycle(s): 2012 Kawasaki Ninja 250R, 2021 CSC TT250, 1977 Triumph Bonneville 750cc,2001 Honda XR650L.

LOL.... well this is what I discovered.... I am pulling both carbs, but just have both slides out at the moment... checked the needle clips and put them on the middle clip ( their are only 3 notches ) I pulled the left carb..the one that has been giving me trouble.... and took the airscrew out and the O ring crumbled as I took it out ! damm carb cleaner ! I didn't follow it with wd-40 last night and should have ... so all I could find is skinny O rings so I put 2 on it .
and I found that spreying carb cleaner into the airscrew hole gives me alot out the air hole in front of the carb, and a little out the fuel tube to the float bowl.
in other words exactly like it should be, there is no obstruction in that passage way..... i did bend a wire and shove it up there s far as I could but I couldn't go too far as the wire didn't want to go through that 90 degree bend very well
..... THERE IS NOTHING WRONG WITH THAT CARB ! ...that is my conclusion !
so the question is why ain't it working ??????
....bad plug ?
i double checked the float level and it was a bit low so I re set it to where the float is level with the top of the float bowl when the needle valve is closed.
I put the original jets back in the thing not the High altitude stuff.
.... and now I will pull the other side and check it in the same manor
but I know it's working but I'll put the original jets back in it to match the other side and give it one more try
I am wondering about that electronic ignition now, could it be sparking fine for a few seconds then stopping ?
( certainly, if the battery couldn't keep up !)
that's not very likely, but it is possible......that would likely mean it's not charging too !
I gott'a think on this some more ...that's not right ! it should run fine !
if nothing else IDLE..... but at idle it still drops the left cylinder !
I did up the idle screws another 1/4 turn and at first about 2 seconds of fast idle then it died, like it ran out of the prime gas and just died.
I'm getting frustrated, so I think I will give it a break for a bit !

later all
Bob........