View Single Post
Old August 22nd, 2023, 12:49 AM   #879
Bob KellyIII
Retired motorcycle Mc.

Name: Robert

Motorcycle(s): 2012 Kawasaki Ninja 250R, 2021 CSC TT250, 1977 Triumph Bonneville 750cc,2001 Honda XR650L.

Be careful of those ABS brakes Cali !!!!!! my first incounter with ABS brakes was not favorable at all .... they are designed to be used TOGETHER not one or the other.... if you use one or the other to stop the brakes hardly work at all !
.... I'm old school and use mainly the rear brake and when needed the front brake too.... but that is not how they were designed to be used ! if you use
just the rear brake and try to skid the rear wheel the ABS kicks in and then your free wheeling ....NOT STOPPING ! needless to say I was NOT expecting that at all and I almost ran the stop-sign... releasing and grabbing both brakes she stopped so fast it was silly.... later I tried to get the brakes to lock up on a dirt road using both of them.... doing about 30mph and I hit them hard but they never did brake traction and I stopped far faster than I could have manually I think....
ABS brakes are great IF you use both brakes ! if you don't and the ABS kicks in your suddenly without brakes at all !
so use them with caution and use BOTH brakes like you're supposed to LOL
Bob........