View Single Post
Old January 31st, 2009, 03:56 AM   #9
Trozza
ninjette.org member

Name: Troy

Motorcycle(s): Ninja 250r

Just a follow on from kkim's post, for removing upper fairings and replacing a globe in the gauge cluster.

** images can be clicked to open higher quality version.

Remove the screws circled. One on each side. These two screws are the reason why you need to follow kkim's method first.. For some reason they decided to make it difficult to remove the front fairing. I guess so they can charge more on labour.

at the front

at the front towards the bottom, although these two should have already been removed when you followed kkim's method.

Under the upper fairing, there are I believe 4 plastic rivets, to remove you just use the end of a screw driver or something small and push the centre of the rivet in. The rivet should now come away when pulled.

Remove these two screws while supporting the upper fairing, might be easier to get a second person to hang on to it, although I managed to do it myself with a bit of twisting. The fairing should now be loose to come away.

You should be able to pull the upper fairing with windscreen/mirrors/headlight attached together, forward a few cms'. You then reach in behind the fairing and unplug the headlight cables. If you just wingle them back and forward they should come out. One closest to the camera is plugged in, and further unplugged to demonstrate what the plug looks like under the plastic.

and thats it for removing the upper fairing.

-----

Now for replacing the broken globe

this is the globe

Drove over to kawasaki parts store and they gave it to me for free. Recommend them.. Pro Kawasaki Nerang store on the gold coast, qld, australia.

Here is the back of the gauge cluster. You don't need to remove the cluster to access the bulbs.

The rubber grommets each represent a globe, you can generally gauge which globe is for what by looking at the front and then at the back and lining them up.. The speedo is the one circled. I just used a pair of pliers and twisted back and forward while pulling and the grommet popped out.

Pull the bulb out, can just use fingers... replace it, and turn the ignition on to check that it all works.

Success for me and if everything works for you, you can put it all back together in reverse.

Hope it helps someone else.
Trozza is offline   Reply With Quote