View Single Post
Old March 12th, 2018, 01:03 PM   #17
Misti
ninjette.org sage

Name: Misti

Motorcycle(s): currently: Yamaha YZF 250 dirt/motard

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharky nrk View Post
Good point and to be honest it is something I will have to think about next time I am on track. As a whole, I would say I am looking to my apex RP before I hit my turn in marker. Keeping my eyes up and ahead to my next RP has been an item I have worked on to reduce SRs.

In my head it feels more like a hesitation to work very direct input to the bars and then in turn the front tire. When in longer turns, it is less noticeable (maybe due to additional time/space from turn in to apex) but in tighter turn and quick transitions I notice the issue a bit more.

I'll have to spend some time thinking about it next time and see if I can detail a little better.
Yes please. Think about it and let me know but here is something to think about as well. If you KNEW exactly where you wanted the bike to go, before you actually started turning it, do you think you would be more accurate and deliberate with the steering then if you were less certain? How might the timing of WHEN you look into a turn, at the apex, affect your ability to quick turn the bike?

Misti is offline   Reply With Quote