View Single Post
Old November 19th, 2019, 08:47 AM   #4
JFMNINJA400
ninjette.org member

Name: John

Motorcycle(s): GSXR 750, GSXR 600, Ninja 400, Ninja 300

Quote:
Originally Posted by DannoXYZ View Post
I took my 2009 250R from 372lbs down to 310-lbs with tossing pretty much all stock parts except for frame, tank, engine, carbs and seat. And also includes chopping unnecessary parts of frame off. Lighter wheels & tyres. Hollow chromoly axles. Ti and alloy nuts & bolts liberally sprinkled around.

Was gathering data on what’s possible with 400 to determine if I want to build one for next season. No one inspects or protests 250s so I can bend rules liberally. But Ninja 400s caused quite an upset this year with times that puts them in top 5-10 of every class! Anyone with 400 seems to have spotlight on them.
That’s awesome weight savings to get a n250 down to 310lbs! As we know WEIGHT is crucial on these bikes. I ride with some guys who race R3s and are well over 200 lbs. I weigh 175 and I destroy them in the straights. They catch up too me in the turns and I walk away from them again in the straights. My friend has a stock 400 and he weighs around 200 even. Whenever the bikes are upright I pull away from him. This is on the track of course.
So this tells me I need to get better in the turns and lose a few more pounds!!!! My 1st season on the 400, awesome track weapon!
JFMNINJA400 is offline   Reply With Quote