View Single Post
Old July 28th, 2021, 11:54 PM   #18
Bob KellyIII
Retired motorcycle Mc.

Name: Robert

Motorcycle(s): 2012 Kawasaki Ninja 250R, 2021 CSC TT250, 1977 Triumph Bonneville 750cc,2001 Honda XR650L.

well that was a complete bust

I burned up 3 fuzes one new relay and found about 100 bad diodes from the box of diodes I bought... OH Well, that's how it goes "first your money then your clothes ! LOL....
ON the street I have always found in the past steeper final gearing has always been better most of my riding has been freeway and back roads and alot of dirt but I hate getting on the freeway and being limited on speed... I like 70 to 80 mph... up here the traffic travels at 80+ most of the time you do 70 in the slow lane ! speed limit is 75 mph just up the road from here
and town is 20~25 miles away so people usually are at least 5 mph above the speed limit its straight and mostly flat so you can really hang it out to dry
being stuck at 70mph would suck big time so I am leaning toward the steeper gearing.
having a Piston "Turbine" is a new thing for me, 11,k RPM was unheard of in my youth. but I do love that sound !
the more I think about that integrated taillight the more I think that is half my problem ...it's an unknown so I may go see just what wires I can un plug from it and have it still work LOL
later !
Bob.......