View Single Post
Old February 21st, 2014, 07:40 AM   #299
MR2Aaron
ninjette.org member

Name: Aaron

Motorcycle(s): 2003 Kawasaki Ninja 250

Quote:
Originally Posted by InvisiBill View Post
I haven't yet done the swap on my EX500 either, but I did get a NewGen throttle tube from PartsNinja.

If you're thinking about the old R6/R1 tube, it seems the NewGen tube is the same size, so it should give the same results and be less work to install (since the wheel is the same style). Based on your measurements, it looks like the PreGen/500 has the same size wheel as the 750 Turbo in icbm's pic. I also plan to take a pic like this of the old part once I do my swap.
I ended up just using the 500 part with a single zip tie, as I felt like it was just right as it was. That bike is out of action for now, waiting on the o ring for one of those funny coolant pipes that sticks out of the top of the cylinder head.

Since then, I've also bought a Ninja 650, which, even when it's new, seems to come with throttle cables that are about 1/4" too long, meaning there's a TON of slack before it starts opening the throttle. Seriously, like 30 degrees of twisting. I looked at every single one in the dealer here in Austin, and even another at a dealer in California while I was there on business, and every single one of them was like this. I don't think it's because my cables are stretched.

I tried using the Yamaha throttle tube I had on it, and the extra length of the channels took up the slack perfectly, and brought it back into the range where the built-in adjusters could get it right. It also makes the throttle quicker, which I happen to like.
MR2Aaron is offline   Reply With Quote