Thread: New rider.
View Single Post
Old April 21st, 2018, 06:42 AM   #14
NinjaRacer
ninjette.org member

Name: guram

Motorcycle(s): ninja 250r

Thank you all for warm welcome.

I tuned the bike little bit. I never had so much fun tuning my cars.
Its so funny how angry and mean it sounds now (much like my subie) and it pulls nicely too. Very fun. It's like different bike now.
Before it went 120km/h max now 160 no problem and 180 if you lean under the windscreen I have bigger tires I think that helps with speed little bit.
This is before main jets. I'm still waiting for it to arrive. Had pulled carbs 3 times because I was stoopid I had vacuum lines done wrong. Thanks to the wiki I learned about CV carbs and found it. Hooked vacuum to rubber diaphragm lower chamber and it was running very lean on idle because deceleration enrichment valve was left without vacuum and petcock too . Replaced pilot screw seals. Cleaned carbs once again added more washers total 5 washers.
I wish I had never sold my wideband it would help now
I added silencer to my can and it pulls so much better. Little bit rich I think but good. I think I need bigger main jets and 3 washers under the needle.

I think I heard detonation when I had vacuum lines wrong. It should have been detonation because, vacuum for deceleration enrichment valve and petcock was hooked to the diaphragm and one cylinder was very lean. When are so close to the engine you can hear everything clearly that's good when you don't have ECU to retard timing on knock.
I had so much fun messing with it and thanks again all. Lots of great people and info here.
NinjaRacer is offline   Reply With Quote