View Single Post
Old February 26th, 2023, 09:39 PM   #5
Bob KellyIII
Retired motorcycle Mc.

Name: Robert

Motorcycle(s): 2012 Kawasaki Ninja 250R, 2021 CSC TT250, 1977 Triumph Bonneville 750cc,2001 Honda XR650L.

Well, I should have the additional switches and pilot lights tomorrow
however the timer has been delayed by Fex EX shipping simply because they do not go past Redding except for once or twice a week... so my package has been delayed because of them.... it seems like every time something is shipped via FED EX it is delayed by at least 3 days to a week and it's aggravating !

So I was setting there reasoning out the wiring of this thing and made a few discoveries.. from the test stage.... so I started wiring it up for real...
I had the power going to the Auger straight from the wall outlet which had to be hooked to the power on/off of the stove so that had to change. however the Auger is powered only by the timer so I want to have the timer and Auger turned on and off by the power switch.... this is where it gets confusing as the timer I got plugs directly into the wall so that will have to be changed, I want the timer mounted on the side of the stove permanently so
power to the timer will come from the power switch, to the INPUT of the timer is also a big clunky plug in on the surface of the timer so I will run the wires from that directly to the Auger loop ( that includes the safety snap button switches that are in line to the Auger. )
I had to stop and start talking to myself about how this thing is going to work LOL as the feed button needs to be hooked to power that is not on the timer so I can feed in pellets any time I want and not have to wait for the timer to cycle... so power to it needs to come from the power switch not the separate Auger power...
I am wondering about opening up the case of the timer when it gets here and hooking wires to the plug-in on the front to the Auger motor directly
it would be a cleaner setup.
I would like to have a light on on the output of the timer when the Auger motor is working as I would be able to tell when pellets should be falling into the burn basket (augers have been known to jam and get plugged and they will stop feeding the fire when that happens... ) so I may well add one more light in the setup....
right now I have one light for the power light to everything on the stove
one light for the igniter so it can be turned on and about 5 minutes later turned back off.... ( the light is a reminder basically that the igniter is operating and it only needs to be on to just get the fire started.)
so basically I am all ready for the parts go get the pellet stove working again
so I am waiting for parts.

although I have had no problems with this stove as of yet except the circuit board going bad on me... it is a very good stove and have not regretted it's $1200. price tag yet 3 years of trouble free operation is fantastic.... but when the first part to fail is the most expensive part on the stove it kind'a dampens my enthusiasm for the stoves manufacturer !

my go around will remove the thermostatic control of the stove and I am definitely not happy about that.... but there is no way I can hook a thermostat to the timer that I know of so it is what it is..... LOL
I thought about a thermostat that could brake the circuit to the auger motor
that is easy enough to do... but the problem is the fire would go out and not re start... this is what it Would do automatically which is a really cool feature
but that feature is not worth $400.00 to me !
in the future when this is all said and done I will be able to run the stove
( with the fan on HIGH all the time instead of very slow when it's on low)
so it will produce alot more heat for the house.
and when I want to turn it off I'll just turn off the Auger switch and wait for the stove to cool down ( the fans keep going to cool it down) and then turn off the power to everything.
Bob........