View Single Post
Old May 10th, 2023, 06:01 AM   #15
Bob KellyIII
Retired motorcycle Mc.

Name: Robert

Motorcycle(s): 2012 Kawasaki Ninja 250R, 2021 CSC TT250, 1977 Triumph Bonneville 750cc,2001 Honda XR650L.

Yes the Arduino would work great but you need to be able to program one... I might be able to make a rudimentary program for the stove and for trigger temps and such but
it's like taking on rocket science to drive a nail.... way over kill for what is needed...
you just need a simple second timer to turn on and off the pellet feed motor, all the rest is fluff and on off switches ! the safety switches are still in effect, so I didn't compromise the safety of the thing.... it will still shut down if it over heats for some reason.
the Arduino things are not that expensive and there is modules that you can plug into it
that will do a variety of things not normally found , like inferred sensors, sound sensors
and metering devices... that would lend them selves well to such an application
..... so if your into the Arduino stuff it is certainly a alternative !!!!!
I just paid over $7.89 a bag for 40lbs of wood pellets.... sense this cold spring weather
is still hainging on..... normally $5.49 is the going price. but many people are not carrying wood pellets this late in the winter and the ones that are are gouging the price way up.... typical capitalist behavior.. instead of trying to ban AR15's they should be going after companies that Rape the people like this every year for tons of profits
yet nothing is done about it !.... not to mention the gasoline prices.... getting close to $6.00 a gallon here again..... friggin thieves !
Bob......