View Single Post
Old November 20th, 2014, 09:43 AM   #7
Brother Michigan
ninjette.org sage

Name: Aaron

Motorcycle(s): 2013 Ninja 300

Quote:
Originally Posted by alex.s View Post
the massive increase in global CO2 and a few other greenhouse gases have caused an increase in heat during the summer which increases greatly the amount of water vapor in the atmosphere. when winter comes to that side of the globe, this water vapor is still in the atmosphere. it freezes, and turns to snow. during the summer, this additional water vapor adds basically a blanket that traps the heat and wont let it radiate back out. this is the "warming" part. colder winters. hotter summers. that is the result.
The greater level of water vapor in the atmosphere leads to greater cloud cover which in turn leads to less solar radiation incident upon the ground (meaning less IR light re-radiated into the atmosphere to be trapped by the water vapor). The Earth has many mechanisms that act as a sort of self-regulation and the entire system is much more complex than even most climate scientists understand (otherwise climate models would be able to accurately predict the warming trend), so any one person who claims to know with absolute certainty what is happening with the Earth's climate is full of it.

"Believe" raw data, be skeptical of interpretation.

Back on a topic which some of us are qualified to discuss, I'm loving the early snow here in Kentucky (not that we really get that much.) Kind of putting a dent in my riding schedule, though. Yesterday was the only day I would have been able to ride comfortably this week and I missed it.