Thread: 08 250r issues
View Single Post
Old November 30th, 2014, 03:36 AM   #15
RandomPhantom
The Motorcycle Newb!

Name: Tony

Motorcycle(s): 2010 Ninja 250R (Red/SOLD), 2008 Ninja 250R (Black/SOLD), 2005 ZX6R (Black)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rojoracing53 View Post
When you check the valves make sure you replace the spark plugs. I adjusted my valves at 12k and have inspected them without needing to adjust then at 20k, 30k, 40k, and 50k. I install new plugs at 12k and by the time I reached 40K it was running a bit weak in the cold at first start up so I figured I'd need to actually make an adjustment to the valves this time around. To my surprise the valves where still fine but the electrode on the spark plugs where burned away from use and the gap was 0.012" over spec. I dropped in new plugs and it fired up and ran nice and clean just like it did 30k miles ago. I'm not saying to replace plugs then if it doesn't work check your valves, you must do both at this point.
Spark plugs were replaced not that long ago (Approx. 4000 miles ago) still think i should do this as a package? Im planning on replacing all my valve shims along with valve cover gasket. Hopefully it goes well, never done this service before. Im just confused on how to drop the engine and timing everything.
RandomPhantom is offline   Reply With Quote