Thread: 08 250r issues
View Single Post
Old December 10th, 2014, 11:29 AM   #18
RandomPhantom
The Motorcycle Newb!

Name: Tony

Motorcycle(s): 2010 Ninja 250R (Red/SOLD), 2008 Ninja 250R (Black/SOLD), 2005 ZX6R (Black)

Quote:
Originally Posted by csmith12 View Post
You sure the system was completely dry? This bikes can vac lock like crazy with air in the system. There is a drain bolt near the water pump. Take the radiator cap off and pull that bolt. Drain any and all coolant and start over. If you are a cheapskate , you can fill the system with plain tap water while you're testing for major engine damage.

Could you have some damage? Sure, check your sight glass for milky or foamy oil. If you overheated it bad, you just might need a head gasket/oil change and hopefully nothing else. If it's foamy, STOP running the engine and change the oil or you could f-up more of the internals.
I refilled the radiator with new coolant already. I will drain the coolant system once i get back home. As for the engine oil, i will check that as well. I heard something sucking while i was riding back home yesterday. It was like that for a good 10 or so miles until i finally got off the freeway. Bike wont start as well but ill start from there. As for the no start it cranks it just doesnt want to crank to the point where it starts
RandomPhantom is offline   Reply With Quote