View Single Post
Old November 3rd, 2014, 06:30 AM   #1
Ninjette Newsbot
All the news that's fit to excerpt

Name: newsie

Motorcycle(s): only digital replicas

[visordown.com] - Jonathan Rea joins Sykes at Kawasaki for 2015

JONATHAN Rea will join last years World Superbike Champion Tom Sykes after signing with the Kawasaki Racing Team.

The 27-year-old has won fifteen World Superbike races since 2009, his first full season on the World stage, and made 140 race starts.

During the 2014 World Superbike Championship, the Northern Irish rider has won four races and shown great potential in both wet and dry conditions.

The addition of Rea to the Kawasaki Racing Team alongside Sykes means they have more of a chance of regaining the Championship in 2015 with added confidence thanks to both British riders.

“After three years working with Loris Baz to grow up a young talent, we will start in 2015 a new strategy, with an experienced and fully formed rider Johnny Rea," said Guim Roda, Team Manager of the Kawasaki Racing Team.

"We are sure he can increase the whole team performance and he will be a very good team-mate with Tom Sykes.Both have a big respect for each other, and I’m sure both guys will increase their performance, searching the limits of the Ninja ZX-10R.

"We expect to put on track two very strong riders next year so it is our idea try to win back the title with our two British weapons.”

The Kawasaki Racing Team begin their intense testing schedule this month in Spain in an attempt to become World Champions once again next year.

Rea’s Crew Chief, Pere Riba, commented: "I believe we can give the tools to Jonathan so he will be fighting for the championship.

"We will start the winter tests very soon and I feel very positive that Kawasaki took the decision to have Jonathan in the team.

"As a crew chief we will try to give him the best not only technically but also helping him in general and I am sure we can have a good year.”

Related Content

Sykes confident ahead of Donington
Sykes + ZX-10R on pole at Misano
Kawasaki enter Superbike EVO class for 2014
Sykes crowned 2013 World Superbike Champion
WSB 2013: Championship Standings after Donington Park

Click here for full story...