Old March 18th, 2016, 09:28 AM   #91
choneofakind
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: .

Motorcycle(s): .

MOTM - Feb '13, Feb '14
Quote:
Originally Posted by HoneyBadgerRy View Post
His carbs are 31mm venturis, and ares are 32mm venturis, so his carbs might have a stronger signal strength and therefore need smaller jets to get the same amount of gas.
*ours

...signal strength? I've never heard anything referring to a signal strength in a carb.
EDIT: from some quick google searching, that term appears to be a made-up way to describe the lag between valve opening and fuel/air being sucked through the carb and mixed.

The only way you get more flow rate through an oriface is to have more pressure differential across the oriface. So I'd hazard a guess that between his air velocity (from smaller diameter carbs) and venturi design (specific to the carb), he's making a strong low pressure zone in the throat of his venturi, therefore making more pressure differential across his jet than the stock CV carbs I have in mind.

I was more asking what numbering convention of jet he was using so I could get an idea if this was an apples to apples comparison. Clearly, it's not because there's more differences in the carbs than I initially considered. No big deal here.
choneofakind is offline   Reply With Quote