Thread: first ride :)
View Single Post
Old May 28th, 2018, 02:57 AM   #23
Koala
ninjette.org sage

Name: Koala

Motorcycle(s): 2017 Ninja 300 Winter Test Edition

MOTM - May '18
My street is usually quiet all day on a sunday. A car here and there, but nothing like yesterday. I was left wondering "wtf?" especially after I got her chained back up and gear off, it went back to normal.

With my luck, the tool kit probably does have what I need to adjust the shifter (10mm wrench). I looked online and in the manual to see what's in it but I can't find anything. The manual is pretty much "this kit includes tools that can help you with your bike." I had them put the pretty cowl on my passenger seat, so reading the manual, it would be a pita to get to the kit. My neighbor has tools but when I told him what I needed he just laughed. I guess the 10mm is the one he always loses. I ordered a good kit from Summit Racing, I just have to wait a few days for it. One of my customers works there and ordered it for me so I could get his discount. $50 kit for $$25. I'm patient, I can wait.

I was going to go out early this morning to try again, but my left arm is pretty sore. Trying to get her up the gravel to the parking pad by myself wasn't so easy yesterday. I was afraid to try starting her back up and using the throttle to do it, lest she get away from me on the gravel. She's pretty heavy trying to push her up it alone in neutral, even after getting a good start. The dirt and gravel combo slows her down too much for me.
Koala is offline   Reply With Quote