Old May 31st, 2018, 01:54 PM   #37
Koala
ninjette.org sage

Name: Koala

Motorcycle(s): 2017 Ninja 300 Winter Test Edition

MOTM - May '18
Quote:
Originally Posted by mst View Post
You really need to learn the friction zone / adjust your clutch.

Pushing a bike with an operating engine up a hill ..... ??
thanks so much for your helpful input. If your reading comprehension skills were up to par, you would have realized that I said I was afraid to start her back up and get her up the gravel that way because I didn't want her to get away from me while walking next to her up the gravel. Plus, never having ridden before now, I'm not just going to hop on her and see how she feels going up the gravel and then hitting the lip of the parking pad. Thanks again!

Quote:
Originally Posted by choneofakind View Post
Oh cool, so you have the CVNP to play in. I lived running/biking distance from the CVNP (Hudson) all the way through from elementary school to college. I spent a lot of time pedaling in the valley and ripping those roads on the Ninjette. Now I'm in Asheville in the shadow of Pisgah and Mitchell.

Once you get the bug for curvy roads, check out some of the fun stuff, Boston Mills road, Colmbia road, cruise up and down Akron-Peninsula and Riverview for scenery. Head out to Brecksville and check out Meadows drive. It's the curviest little road in the valley. Then Mid-Ohio is only an hour and a half south... Another scenic ride is the parkway through all the metro parks on the Emerald Necklace.

If you're far away from the Valley, I'm sorry. The valley and the whole system of metroparks is really the only reason to live in NE Ohio and it's all that makes up for living in the freaking snow belt. It's also the only significant topography in the area. Probably the greatest idea ever when they were originally developing Cleveland and Akron. They're why I miss CLE, even with all the amazing forests and parks that I have now.

If you get really comfortable (might take you a while, no offense) and get tired of CVNP roads, there's some good roads south within an easy weekend morning ride. 555, 536, 255, 800, etc.
Yes, yes, yes, lol. You are mentioning some of the roads I'm talking about. The Valley is awesome for riding. That's where I got my love of twisty roads on a bike on my second trip out as a passenger My office is not too far from the Yellow Creek rd/Bath rd area with all the quiet twisty no heavy traffic for the most part wooded roads with the metro park stop offs everywhere. That is where I'm thinking of to go out when I'm ready. That and there are some great areas further north that go right through one of the parks if I remember correctly.
Koala is offline   Reply With Quote