Thread: World of Tanks
View Single Post
Old September 28th, 2015, 12:51 PM   #15
"A"
vampire

Name: A

Motorcycle(s): 2 many 2 list

Type 64 is a very potent vehicle, very good mobility, good firing rate and excellent view range and 5 crew members, more crew than many regular Chinese LT, especially when you get to the high tier LT for the Chinese line, like the WZ-131 is a very dangerous vehicle, even in tier 10 battles.

If you havn't noticed, vehicle performs very differently when you have a 100% crew.
Type 64 combined with Coated Optics and Bino and a 100% crew with Recon on Commander and Situation Awareness for Radio man, can get view range that get close to 560m if use consumables such as Extra Combat Ration.. extra cat meat in them dumplings .

With its mobility, Type 64 does very well in passive scouting and flanking vehicles with low traverse rate. It is one of the favorites for Stronghold battles that myself and my clan-mates use.

I always keep a few gold ammo on my Type 64 just to finish off the higher tier vehicles when they are low in HP, the crew gets massive EXP when you do damage/kill to higher tier vehicles. For Stronghold battles, I use all gold ammo. just to gain extra Industrial Resource per each battle.

Running lower tier premiums. It's a great way to learn the maps, especially when you run fast moving scout tanks. learn the strategic locations that can spot enemy vehicle without being spotted or safe locations where you can spot and duck back into safety.

Passive scouting without firing on enemies can allow better chance of survival, when late in the battle, ally/enemy vehicles are low in count and HP, a fast moving scout can do really well in cleaning up the leftovers.

The role of a scout is not to rush out from the start and spot as many enemy vehicles early in the battle in enemy territory where no ally can support and do damage to enemy vehicles.

From the start of battle, faster moving vehicle should always help the ally slower vehicles to get in tactical locations, the earlier they are able to get to those locations, the faster they will be able to support ally efforts in defending or advancing.

Lower tier scout tanks with gold ammo are deadly to those enemies who rush our base and try to spot or kill ally arty. Even though in a light vehicle, you can always shoot-n-ram to ensure a kill while defending ally base/arty.

Lower tier premium platoon are great way to stat pad for better win rate when members in platoon are working as one.

Not to rush out from the beginning of the battle, but work as one unit to circle an enemy vehicle or peek-a-boo around a corner against a single heavier enemy, move as one unit to achieve objectives together.

Teamwork skills developed in lower tier vehicles can easily translate into higher tier play, and far less costly than the higher tier battles that often lose more credit.
"A" is offline   Reply With Quote